The European Commission EEAS (European External Action Service) Foreign Policy Instrument (FPI) unit launched an Action on International Digital Cooperation with a view to asserting the European Union's position in the global digital economy. The action builds on four pillars:
· Enhanced personal data protection and data flows
· ICT STANDARDISATION (PILLAR B)
· Trust and Security in cyberspace
· Cross border access to electronic evidence
ETSI was selected to implement pillar B. The project engages with 6 countries/regions (Brazil, China, India, Japan, South Korea, USA) with further action within the EU. Overall, the project aims at:
· Increasing awareness and acceptance of relevant actors of the EU standardisation model
· Strengthening cooperation with identified actors regarding the development of open international ICT standards in the areas of the IoT, 5G, Cloud computing, Big Data and Cyber Security and other priority topics (e.g. Intelligent Transport Systems, Distributed Ledger Technologies)
· Improving global coherence through development of common standardisation approaches based on existing best practices.
For the period December 2019 to the end of the project in December 2020, ETSI is recruiting a Project Coordinator to join the Project Team. A short list of candidates will be established, and interviews will be held on 30th October 2019 through electronic conferencing if needed. For further information please contact Veronica Salsano from UNINFO - firstname.lastname@example.org.